07/05/2012

An introduction and first attempt at growing food






I was born in France. I spent most of my holidays at my grand-parents' house in Brittany. In the middle of fields, in the middle of nowhere. Where the pine trees join the sea. Pine trees my great-grand-father helpt to plant and grow when he was working for the castle near by. But that is another story. All that to say I'm an outside girl, a countryside girl, a seaside girl.

A little more than two years ago I moved to London. Because I felt like it. I needed a change and I was tired of Paris where I moved for my studies. But moving to London also meant going back less and less to France and Brittany. I miss it more and more. So with Tom, we are trying to bring a bit of countryside, outside life to our London flat.

Let's face it, there is not much you can do when you live in a flat with no garden. We are on the groundfloor though, with a little space in front of the house and a nice (ok, completely dilapidated) french window leading to it. We decided to use that space to grow things in pots. So one not too rainy afternoon - is it ever going to stop!? - we sowed. Basil, chives, coriander, mint and rocket. 

It is growing! Knowing I can't keep a plant alive, I am worried for the next step.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Brittany (Canon powershot A560)
2. Pine trees by the shore (Canon powershot A560)
3. Pre-sowing (Iphone)
4. Coriander seeds (Iphone)
5. First results (Canon T70)

No comments:

Post a Comment