I haven't been sharing any recipes here in a while. Mainly because I always forget to take pictures. Last weekend we home made burgers (beef and garlic, beef and bell peppers, Cajun style chicken and lime chicken) and I also baked a lemon drizzle cake. At no point I remembered to take pictures!
Anyway, this is what we had last night for dinner, tagine style chicken thighs with vegetables. Couscous would be the most obvious side choice to accompany it but we had it with salad and French bread. Sorry there are no exact proportions for the spices, we did it to our taste.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 red onions
- 8 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cumin seeds
- Cayenne chili pepper
- Flour, salt, pepper
- Vegetable or chicken stock
- In a hot pan with olive oil, add one diced onion, one diced garlic cloves and the cumin seeds. Stir for a minute.
- Roll the chicken into the flour, salt and pepper.
- Put the thighs into the pan. Let it cook a few minutes.
- When the chicken skin is golden, add the second onion chopped roughly, the second garlic cloves, 6 tomatoes chopped in quarters, paprika, turmeric and cayenne chili pepper.
- Cover with the stock and let simmer for nearly an hour.
- After an hour, add the peas - as much or as little as you like - the two remaining tomatoes and the coriander. Let cook for a couple more minutes.
- Serve hot.